I think that she would like to hear the following:
- Thank you for the wonderful meal you prepared.
- Thank you for taking care of yourself.
- Thank you for the way you raise the children.Â Â Â
- Thank you for all you do in our home.
- Thank you for taking care of us when we are sick.
Letâ€™s go further. Â I think that she would like to hear this also:
- You are a great hostess.
- You are the best mother in the world.
- You are really smart.
- You are the lightÂ of my life.Â Â
- You are a great lover.
- You are my best friend.
- You are really a strong person.
- You are beautiful.
- You are the kindess person I know.
Letâ€™s go one step further. I think she would like to hear this also:
- I am ravished when I look at you.
- I am overwhelmed by the fact that you chose me to be your husband.
- I love you with all my being.
- My love for you will never grow stale.
- I get plum giddy when I think about you.
Psalm 100:4 says, â€œEnter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise.â€ Â One author puts it this way, â€œThanksgiving gets you through the gate so that you are near God. Â It gets you on the property or premises so that God can give you His promises.â€ Â Praise gets you into His courts. Â The courts around the tabernacle and the temple was the place where major decisions were made. Â When we need to make major decisions, spend some time praising God. Remember, God inhabits the praises of His people. Â This way you are inviting His influence in your decision making.
But, let us never forget that as much as God loves gratitude and praise, He loves for us to worship Him. Â John 4:23 says, â€œThe Father is seeking such to worship Him.â€ Â God wants your love and adoration.
Is your personal devotion to God, a â€˜group 1â€™ level with just gratitude for what He does? Â Or is it a â€˜group 2â€™ level with gratitude and praise for who He is? Â Maybe you have been thinking that that is enough. Â But God wants you to have a â€˜group 3â€™ level with gratitude, praise and most especially worship, adoration, and love. How about your church? Â Which level is your church on? Â Ask God to teach you how to love Him.
I will be preaching a series of sermons at Poplar Springs Baptist Church in Flowery Branch beginning Sunday, March 25 through Wednesday, March 28. Â Also, I will be preaching in Bradenton, Florida later in the spring.