Sylvia Gunter is a great friend. She is a powerful prayer warrior. Her website is: www.thefathersbusiness.com . She sends out a weekly newsletter. All of them are good. This week’s is an excellent prayer guide. I simply offer it now:
*Glorify the King of kings. God reigns, Ps. 47:8. His dominion endures, Ps. 145:11-13.
2. By the blood of Jesus and in His all-powerful name, in prayer stand against all spiritual forces that are operating in the country to blind it, bind it, and hold it captive.
*Claim that the name of the LORD subjugates every opposing ruling power and causes every knee to bow in submission to His rule and authority. Eph. 1:21-22, Phi. 2:9-11.
3. Pray for the Spirit of God to open the heavens over a specific area or country.
*Pray for a Holy Spirit breakthrough over the traditional religious systems that dominate. Confess idolatry and sins of the nation/peoples. Rend the heavens and come down, Isaiah 64:1-4.
4. Pray for an awakened church. John 17.
*A spirit of humility, repentance, and revival 2 Chronicles 7:14
*For the church to move in unity, love, and power of the Spirit John 17:23, 24, 26
5. Pray for pastors and Christian leaders who are God-anointed, God-appointed, and God-empowered and for a mighty movement of intercessory prayer that is aggressive in spiritual warfare.
*God’s protection and will John 17:4, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19
*For use of spiritual weapons 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
6. Pray for political leaders to repent, receive salvation, and govern righteously and for the “most unlikely” unrighteous men to be converted and become radical disciples.
*Pray for Christians in leadership to know their God and stand strong in the fear of the Lord.
*Pray for all in authority – 1 Timothy 2:1-4
*For just men to rule in the fear of the Lord – 2 Samuel 23:3
7. Pray for the Lord of the harvest to reap multitudes for spiritual awakening and salvation and that new believers will be strong, growing disciples in the Lord.
*God is not willing for any to perish 2 Peter 3:9
*That God’s provision for sin be applied to the need of all those who do not know the Savior John 17:25
*That children and youth hear the gospel and learn the character of God and go forth as the “sent ones” Mark 10:14-15