The Flow of Christian Growth
God designed us to grow…just like the physical…so the spiritual
Summary of Spiritual Growth
- Growth is normal and expected.
- Each Christian is expected to grow.
- Greater blessings come at each stage.
- Our service increases as we spiritually grow.
1 John 2:12-14 (NKJV)
12 I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.
13 I write to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, Because you have overcome the wicked one. I write to you, little children, Because you have known the Father.
14 I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.
We see a simple progression.
This is the spiritual life map.
You need to know your location on the map.
There are things peculiar to each stage.
We all start as ‘seekers’
You will place your faith in something
When a seeker places faith in Jesus New Life begins
- Goal establish good understanding of the faith
- Everything is new prayer word salvation
- Experiencing God as a father….
- Knowing is more about facts and principles
- Needs one to one discipleship
- Goal understand our victory
- The evil one has lost joint victory
- The young one is appropriating what he already has
- The battle of faith learning the use of the Word
- Beginning stages of spiritual warfare
- Goal these people have come to rest
- They reproduce automatic
- Knowing is more about intimacy
- They pass on their faith